Saturday, January 12, 2019

Saturdays are for Naps...

As I have grown older I love naps. I often find myself thinking... how did I not love naps as a child. Sleep is amazing. It helps heal your body, refresh, revive, and often times will just reset your mood. Most Saturdays, Jason and I make it a priority to take a nap. Sometimes I climb into bed, I am not tired at all... and the inevitable happens.. I fall asleep!  How many others out there love naps?  It’s our reward to ourselves after the long work week ... there is a ton of crap to do around our house, horses that probably need to be exercised, things to be cleaned and decluttered..... but a nap is so much better, that stuff will still be there when I wake up.

The title of this post should probably have been something different because I didn’t intend to talk about napping and sleep for a whole post... but it’s what was on my mind to start with, seems I had just climbed into a nice warm bed after a morning at the barrel races in the freezing cold!

Barrel race? Some know what that is, some don’t... for those that don’t know... a horse and rider run a  clover leaf pattern  timed..  it’s not just a get on and run. Takes skill, connection and teamwork between horse and rider, and so much more. Jene runs barrels on her horse Libby. They have come so far this year. The first part of the year she wasn’t completing patterns... combination of naughty horse and rider error.... fast forward a whole year of commitment, hard work, great coach (best Aunt ever) and a whole lot of heart and passion this girl is doing amazing. Not as fast as she wants, but clean runs that she has put time and dedication into.  She has won some money and prizes this year... so fun to see her get better and better! The other piece of it that I love wholeheartedly is watching how great she is at riding and working with Libby.




Best Aunt ever!!



No comments:

Post a Comment