Monday, January 7, 2019

I used to blog all the time.. it was a way for me to document as my babies were growing. Fast forward 7 + years and a whole lot has changed! Jurnee is married with a 17mth old little boy, Axle, with another baby on the way! Janson is 20, living at home recovering from yet another bull riding/fighting injury, Jace is almost 17, a junior in high school, and Jene is almost 13 and a 7th grader. I could go write a ton to update our life here, but that is really not the intent of my blog. Do I have a specific purpose for this space?  Not necessarily... just a place to lay my thoughts, write about events, and share our happenings. Often we joke that we could have our own reality TV show.. we are that family... (I’m sure a lot of people say that)..  this will be a space to lay out what’s on my mind, reset and move forward.
I will introduce you to my therapist in this post. He is the best therapist, and as expensive as all get out. I feel like everyone should have some sort of therapist.. no matter the cost, no matter how healthy you think your mind is.. it’s great to have a sounding board that is not your spouse, child, parent, sibling, friend, co worker, etc.. granted, anyone of those would work, but for me.. he connects to me.. he senses my mood before I even say anything, he doesn’t get offended... and in our sessions we don’t even have to talk much and I go home feeling 100% better, sometimes even exhausted. I can look in his eyes and feel a sense of peace wash over me.  The eyes are kind, gentle, and can speak to my soul without uttering a word. How in the hell does a therapist have that effect on someone?
                          
That’s right loves... meet Oj! The most expensive therapist, but worth every damn cent!  A thousand plus pounds of pure love and understanding.. a connection that helps me to release the stress of day to day life...   besides my family, I live for my horses! He is mine, Jene has her own horse, Libby, and Jason, my better half, has Annie! You will hear lots about our 1000+ pound fur babies!

I work a full time job as a registered nurse for an insurance company ... I teach horseback riding lessons 5-6 hours a week to share my passion of horses and help others learn about and gain confidence on and around horses.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with Hashimotos  disease. It has caused me a lot of grief and problems with my health. I have been doing a lot of research to try and help myself feel better. My thyroid is struggling, I have a large nodule/goiter growing on the left side of my neck.. i could write for days about this and the effects I struggle with. I know there are so many others out there that are dealing with the same thing, so I will blog about my journey of this too... #hashimotoswarrior

My goal each day is to live my best life, be kind, love big, serve others and be humble! Always do my best, try my hardest and live with integrity.

Intention ... my word for this year. Live with intent, have good intent, and focus on being present in my day to day life. Time slips by way to fast and it’s important to really live in the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment